Thread: Forum Fest-2011
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
sa meredith

Default Just a thought...

Although I have never attended a FF (came close to the one on the Mount, but last minute plans came up), for fear of being knocked over the head...I often take the less "popular" side in discussions...I do have a thought.
With very large groups, and annual events, obviously it is just about impossible to accomodate everyone. Someone is always going to be left out/disappointed/ whatever.
And, when people start writing, "...how about this date?" "...I can make it on this weekend..." "...it should be early..." "it should be late..." well, the kind hearted people who are running the show, end up pulling their hair out, and go thru undo stress trying to find the correct time.
So...why not make it the same weekend every year, and try to stick to it. Whether it be weekend before labor day, weekend after, weekend of Labor day, 3rd Saturday in August, last Sunday in July...whenever. I think if the core group of planners (everyone knows who they are...the heart and soul of this forum. The truly nice people, who very seldom have a negative thing to say, and are always trying to help others out) got together, and picked the day it would make things easier in so many ways. With the day already set in stone for years to come, locations could be talked about and booked years in advance. There would no longer be the early on discusion of "when will we have this thing" which usually occupies ther first month or so of the planning. People could plan their weekend or week at that the lake for that particular summer, with the FF in mind, if that is their priority. A family might say, "hey, let's try 'such and such' as a week this year. We could hit FF, and I have alwasy wanted to be up there at a diiferent time of year".
Whatever...
Not that I have a say...as I have never attended.
I just think, with such a large group...a pre-set day, year to year, makes thing so much easier, and helps on many different levels.
Just a thought...
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post: