View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #55
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancoveguy View Post
Radar, both dash mounted and handheld, are supposed to be calibrated by a TMDE company once per year. We have a company come out and do it officially. We are also supposed to check the calibration with tuning forks often. You strike the tuning fork and the vibration simulates pre-determined speeds (for us it is 35 mph and 65 mph, we have two forks) there should be a stamp or sticker on each radar and the dept should be able to provide proof of date and time of calibration. This may not be possible at the initial hearing but there may be an appeal process to a judge (this is the case in Mass). Its a shot in the dark but if plan a doesn't work (officer doesn't show up) maybe plan b will work (out of calibration). If both fail, throwing yourself at the mercy of the court will sometimes work if your driving record is otherwise flawless and you are respectful...and the stars line up...

Good luck with the radar detector angle... I will put my radar skills against your detector any day of the week (playfully ofcourse). I have never given a break to a speeder that has a radar detector on the dash....
Secret- radar isnt sending out waves until I see you and push the button. Once that happens- BAM! your speeding and your caught (unless you can bleed 10+ mph in a milisecond or I blink,lol)

Good luck on the ticket
HCG
If you paint any vehicle in front of me with lasar or radar you can't hide. My RD is one of, if not the best, on the market. Very sensitive. I sniff out the Maine State Police with ease and they go to great lengths to hide on bridge overpasses, on entrance ramps, etc.

As with any radar or lasar, if you are the only car on the road then you're vulnerable to getting a ticket if you're speeding. Also, if I was to get pulled over my detector would be out of site from your view and mine also has VG-2 immunity

Some of us are serious tech geeks