View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 09:30 PM   #60
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
With items picked from the "metal area" at the Meredith Transfer Station plus maybe another ten dollars for items from the local hardware store, you could probably rig up a boat hook loop just like the one in the photo ......... and for the next 20 years, impress all your boat passengers by informing them how you didn't have to spend a lot of money for your boat hook/loop.

Quote: "Say ...... you know this here $125 boat hook/loop ...... well, guess what ..... it only cost me ...... like $8.17 ...... and it works just as well as the one for $125 ...... you know what I mean!" .....

Fetch a discarded roof rake from the dump, install some hardware store items like a stainless cable loop...... and you are good to go hook a dock!
Ha, well normally I would agree and be onboard for a challenge, truth is I probably have enough of the items in the house at the moment, but karma being what it is, EVERY time I try to save a buck on something like this it backfires in my face. So for such items I now just give up and buy the commercial product and avoid the potential problems of failure with some home-made item that I will be asking others to use (my wife - other passengers - etc)

Maybe if I was the only one using it I might take the chance, and I encourage others to give it a try and tell me how stupid I am for blowing a bunch of cash on a simple product, but I'm just too old and tired to deal with the consequences of trying to save a buck, it just never works for me.

Suggestion genuinely appreciated, just too risk averse these days.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote