View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 02:31 PM   #21
WINNI BOB

Default web cam/doorbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
What experience do you have with a doorbell camera?

I am curious about what critters, human or otherwise, frequent my yard.

My concern for front step evil dooers is close to zero but I was thinking it would be a cheap way to have a little camera to move around the inside and outside of the house to see what’s going on.

Your thoughts?
Hi;

I use a "RING " doorbell at home and a "NEST" web cam at the Lake. Keep in mind the doorbell is permanent, and the nest cam can be moved arround. I like the nest at Lake. I put it on the inside of my porch facing the lake, but I can move it anywhere I want..it just needs to be plugged into an electrical outlet...it faces... West down the lake from the WEIRS BEACH to MERIDITH (great view), but I can see any critters that cross our lakeview lawn and it will store the video.

Camera is an inside cam because my porch is enclosed. Cost about $150....You get the NEST APP on your cell phone and/or your computer and you are all set. If you want to keep copies of you activity, you need to pay a small fee.

If you want to see my cam ...go on-line and type in https://video.nest.com/live/AC3BeS7ROn no password needed.
If you want to talk to me , you are welcome to call me, or e-mail me

WINNI BOB @ 617-678-1018
WINNI BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WINNI BOB For This Useful Post: