Thread: Alpine Touring
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 01:57 PM   #10
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Here you go! https://m.facebook.com/groups/163169...56932539728493

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
What isn't mentioned, but is shown at the very end in this video link is this 12-mile long ski journey, 6-out uphill and 6-back downhill starts and ends at the Livermore Rd, USFS parking lot in the north side of Waterville Valley.

With a $30/year WMNF windshield sticker, or $5/day cash/trail head pay box payment, everyone in the car gets to either cross country ski, walk or fat tire bicycle the seven miles of snow covered multiple use trails that belong to the Forest Service in close proximity to the Waterville groomed ski trails ($22/person/day).

About one time per year, someone will give me a very strong admonishment for walking along the side of what seems to them to be a tracked cross country ski trail, the Livermore Rd, and I usually snap nasty right back at them and say something like 'this is a multi-use trail that includes walking and bicycling and is not just a cross country ski trail, so take that and stick it in your cross country ski boot!.' .... ho-ho-ho

Understand Gov Sununu and the governor of Arizona are trying to get the Forest Service to allow electric motor bicycles on trails like the Livermore Rd WMNF-multi use trail. The sign on the Livermore Rd closed and locked, entry vehicle road gate, says "No motorized vehicles-$250 fine" and has been there for many years.

http://www.governor.nh.gov/news-medi...10-e-bikes.htm

Is there a fat tire, 4.8" tire width, electric motor, e-bicycle that's good to go on the snow covered Forest Service multi use trails?

Snowmobiles are banned, so what's the difference between a snowmobile and an electric, fat tire bicycle?

A motor is a motor is a motor ..... whether gasoline, electric or steam-nuclear powered ..... is still a motor.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-27-2020 at 04:29 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote