Thread: E-ZPass
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #102
no-engine

Default Ez pass

My 2¢; I did not read all the posts.
Friends lived in NY, and had no application/start up fee, so I got my account and tag there by mail or on-line. I think ezpass.com

My brother lives in MA and got ezpass account in MD! Who knows why, but there was no set-up or deposit, provided the account is linked to a valid credit card.

When NH DOT finally decided to install ezpass, the app fee was $5, and I applied. I sent them photos of some high speed lanes; it's taken NH DOT this long to finally come to their senses and install high speed lanes on the very left. I have not been thru Hookset yet, but in DE the lanes are well marked and separated from slower; I fear for this not happening at Hookset!
NH accounts get charged 30% discount on NH tolls. I have read many news reports in error. All non-NH accounts are charged the full fee.

Wherever one applies for ezpass is irrelevant; electronic toll collection is no-brainer. As Nike says, just do it. It'll be worth it, saving gasoline, frustration in line to pay toll, etc., etc, etc......

It's now a big time saver on MA Pike, Hudson River's Tappan Zee Bridge, NJ Turnpike, DE memorial bridge, and Annapolis Bay Bridge as I drive to relatives in MD!
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote