jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF-NH View Post
Actually this is not entirely true. COs are also responsible for:
-Primary search and rescue group for both water bodies and forested lands
-Hunter Education Instruction
-land owner assistance for wildlife and OHRV access questions/issues
-work in cooperation with Coast Guard for maritime violations
...I'm sure there are more that I haven't listed.

They are VERY understaffed in their endeavors and do a terrific job in my opinion.

Also, your fishing license fees do not just go to pay for stocking efforts. All of the above are also funded by fee revenues. When some idiot walks off onto Mt Washington in May with a shortsleeve shirt, shorts and sneakers and thousands are spent to find and rescue him...guess where that $ comes from? Aquisition of new land for public access (ramps) and the building and maintaining of ramps come from there. Educational programs for our schools and non-profit programs all come from Fish and Game funding (some of which comes directly from fees).

I not only don't complain about buying my licenses, I am happy to pay the fees because I get much more than my money's worth back in return.
Did I miss something in my post or any of my previous posts regarding F&G and how important I think they are? Sorry I kept my example short.

I think you might have missed the point of my statement. It was to redirect a comment that implied that CO's are wasting time picking on kids.

Just as an FYI, the idiot that has to be rescued off Mt. Washington for not be prepared to the changes in weather conditions or the known/posted weather at the summit receives a bill for the cost of the S&R. A family member has been involved with K9 S&R for close to 15 years now, in Maine, NH and VT.

I am well aware of ALL the things that my license fees go toward. If you took a step back, you would see that we are on the same side of this arguement. Maybe I am taking your post out of context, if that is the case than I appologize.

Last edited by jmen24; 06-02-2010 at 02:18 PM.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote