Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 06:28 AM   #336
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
If you are of the opinion that it should not have been permitted there would need to be a valid legal reason to deny them. I don't want to see them on my favorite sandbar or anchored in front of my house is not sufficient reason to stop them from their business venture.

If they did get denied in the future for the renewal of any of the necessary food, alcohol, or other permits they could point to the Mt Washington and claim they were doing the same thing (selling food and alcohol) but in a different manner. That might give them significant legal grounds to stand up to any challenge.

If it is a financial success, and that remains to be seen, it will take violations of regulations or other significant complaints with a legal basis to stop them from continuing to do business. Otherwise it is here to stay.

Only time will tell.
I'm just siding with the people that own waterfront property and have to look out at this all day and night. I don't own waterfront on Winni so it doesn't effect me but I can understand their frustration.
If it's moved around the lake on a rotating basis then that might ease a lot of the backlash.
Everyone is worried about the investment these business owners have made but what about the investment that these home owners have in their property? I think there should have been more oversight on the building of this vessel before it was issued permits.
Like I said, I have no dog in this fight, thank god!. I'm just giving my opinion.
Businesses rise an fail all the time. It's a gamble so time will tell if this gamble survives.
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post: