View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 10:34 PM   #58
Smitty1

We go to the Canoe with our kids all the time. We like to sit in the places that kids are allowed-even when the kids are not with us.

The kids policy is NOT a big deal.......

Smitty1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2nh View Post
Kids need to learn to behave in all sorts of areas. How will they do so if they are not allowed to enter them?

Any sensible parents (and I know there are tons who are simply not sensible) bring their children to restaurants early for a variety of reasons which do not include the comfort of people without children. We (including me, my husband, and my two boys) go early because that is when they get hungry. That is also when we wouldn't have to wait.

My boys are 11 and 14. Any restaurant that tells me I cannot bring my children in would not get my hard earned money. In fact, I stopped patronizing a store in Wolfeboro because it banned children and I did this before I had any.

So. to those of you who don't like to eat with kids, I have a question. Weren't YOU ever a child? Didn't your parents have to bring you to places so you would learn when it is not okay to scream, yell and cry?

Please accept that children exist and have to learn to behave. It's the parents you need to take issue with. If kids disrupt anything whether in a restaurant, a movie, a store, etc., complain to the management quickly and quietly. If management does nothing, don't go to that restaurant anymore. But don't blame the kids.

As for me, even though my kids will eventually be old enough for the Canoe and a time will come when my kids are not with me at the lake anymore, I will never, ever go there. Period.

By the way, my kids have never, ever screamed, cried or carried on in a restaurant, even when they were tiny infants and toddlers. They spent their fair share of time at places like Foxy Johnny's and the Bittersweet (of whatever it was after that). Don't blame the children. Blame their indulgent, pampering parents. It is these parents whose children can do no wrong. That is the basic problem here.

nj2nh
Smitty1 is offline   Reply With Quote