View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Height of the light????

"In addition we noticed several whose all-around light was not visible from the front (our vantage point) until we were looking more from the side."

The physical height of the "Light" could be the problem. The height could vary from say 2' to 4'?

I have 23' Welcraft 232 Bowrider. I replaced the on the came with the boat as I felt it was too low. It mounted in the center of the transom. I prefer the Lake at night. One of the first thing I noticed was if you had the Bimini Top up on a cool night it block the light. I replaced it with a 4' light and that solved the problem.

I also added a second "White Light" on the back side of the transom 3" below the base of the standard light.

That improved the visibility for following boats. It also came in handy when getting off and on the boat at night. I wired it into the Nav Light circuit.

I had one other problem a night with my 232. When the Nav lights were on the "light" bounced of the bottom of the chrome Railings and right into my eyes when seated in the "Captains Chair". I needed up rapping some 1" pipe insulation on to the rail. After some comments as to why the pipe insulation on the rails, I had 2 snap covers made from the same teal canvas that covered the boat.

If you are not familiar with the 232 check it out. One of the BEST concept Bowrider ever designed.

We 232 Boaters never know when to stop talking.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote