View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 12:57 PM   #38
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
After having owned three pontoon boats and tried most of the above noted anchors on the big lake...do yourself and your boat a favor and get yourself a "Digger" anchor. No chain required or recommended to drag up and scratch the **** out of your boat.

It's the easiest anchor to set and pull up with great holding power. Just google Digger anchor to find their website to determine the size you need, most likely a 15 lb is all you need. http://www.diggeranchor.com/anchors.html

The digger really is your best option by far!

Dan
Well, on ishoot308's recommendation I bought the Digger 15 lb anchor and have used it a few times at popular anchoring spots on the lake.
This thing DIGS and SETS immediately! I love it and the way it collapses by tugging on the rope (NO CHAIN, MIND YOU!)
Everywhere I have used it, it performs like an anchor should.
By contrast, I'm still using the freebie Danforth "style" anchor that comes with the boat for a stern anchor but it is literally, useless. Wind and wakes cause it to slip miserably, along the bottom, chain and all...when I retrieve it it feels like a dead fish...not the Digger!
Thanks, Ishoot308!

Last edited by Hillcountry; 09-19-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post: