View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 08:03 PM   #25
ishoot308

Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,917 Posts
Default Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
OK, last year I posted about having issues with a slip ring Danforth and, after adding chain and zip-tying the ring, it still stinks. After having some nice people dig it in for me at West Alton yesterday, I decided to play with it a bit and it just doesn't bite--typically, it just rolled over. I just want a reliable bite!

That being said, I'm looking at three: Mantus, slide anchor, and Fortress (supposedly, the Fortress is a reliable Danforth-style). Thoughts for a 20' pontoon mostly anchored out at sandbars and shallower sections of Winni?!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
After having owned three pontoon boats and tried most of the above noted anchors on the big lake...do yourself and your boat a favor and get yourself a "Digger" anchor. No chain required or recommended to drag up and scratch the **** out of your boat.

It's the easiest anchor to set and pull up with great holding power. Just google Digger anchor to find their website to determine the size you need, most likely a 15 lb is all you need. http://www.diggeranchor.com/anchors.html

The digger really is your best option by far!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 07-26-2016 at 08:35 AM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post: