View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 06:43 PM   #30
Roy_Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shera View Post
I realize this thread is from almost 3 years ago but I am the stepmother-in-law and there are so many guesses in this thread that are way off base and it just doesn't seem like that long ago to us.

Ben was at a bachelor party and there were several cars they used to transport people from the rented house to the lake so it was not strange that his friends just thought he was in a different car. This is why no one noticed him missing other than his wife who was in a full-blown panic because he was not answering phone calls or texts.

Ben's autopsy showed NO drugs or alcohol in his system. It did show that he had an enlarged heart and distorted aorta which caused him to faint. Had he not been in 3 feet of water or, had someone seen him go under, he probably could have been treated for his conditions. He was an active, fit man who'd shown no signs of issues before. No one happened to be looking when he fainted. He had a 2 year old daughter (now 5) who is aware she had an amazing Dad.

He was not drunk & he was not on drugs, and his friends were not awful for mistakenly leaving him behind.
Thank you for providing this information. In my opinion a good example of why we should try to refrain from making assumptions even when no harm is intended. I can’t imagine the pain that his family and friends must have felt / still feel, and am happy to hear that his daughter is learning about her dad.
Roy_Hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Roy_Hobbs For This Useful Post: