View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 02:40 PM   #47
Andromeda321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Pundit View Post
I attended the midnight fireworks at Weirs Beach last night.

As I waited along with a good number of other boaters, a Cap'n Bonehead came through the crowd of anchored boats while on plane. He passed by numerous boats, well within the 150 foot limit, oblivious to the fact that he broke the law dozens of times in less than 10 seconds. He passed by me by about one-and-a-half a boat lengths (about 30 feet) from my starboard side, running between me and another boat anchored 50 feet from me. I guess his need to get through the Weirs Channel and into Paugus Bay was far more important than the safety of dozens of boaters.

One has to wonder if this guy even had a clue, or worse, just didn't care.
At the beginning of the weekend we were just slowing down to go through the no wake zone between Bear and Pine Islands, and a boat behind us came around us at full speed with only about 30 feet between us and them, and sped through the no wake zone. We were a bit shocked, and it was a bit of a shame to see the Marine Patrol cruising along five minutes later- I can't imagine how steep that fine would have been!

I swear, I saw several new seriously illegal things this past week that I never saw in the 20+ years previous. Hope it's not a sign of the way summer is heading.