View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 11:58 AM   #44
Shreddy

I went out on the 4th all day. Moultonboro to Wolfeboro to Alton Bay to Center Harbor and back to Moultonboro. Tons of traffic, tons of violations within a strict inference of 150 feet but really no issues. Every now and then I had to wait and be strategic about who was going to yield regardless of whether I had the right of way or not. End of day it didn't matter and we'd figure it out before it ever became a real safety issue.

Saturday, went out again and was waiting for gas in front of Lane's End with a few other boaters. Some guy in a Four Winns came on plane at about 30 between myself and another boat (we were about 50 feet apart idling, so he came pretty close to both of us). This was a clear infraction and very stupid move. Maybe I should've cared more but I didn't. I made a comment about it and moved on. MP wasn't there, I wasn't chasing after him for no reason, and he had his own agenda anyways clearly. It was gorgeous out, so I moved on to enjoying my day.

I get the concern from everyone but if you know the lake and drive defensively you're likely fine. Seems like people spend more time complaining about something that never turned into an issue than actually enjoying themselves. My first thought was certainly not to come online and make a random post that arguably wouldn't have made an impact on the infraction. I can only feel for the company who likely had to tolerate this story day and night as well rather than just enjoy the day.

I don't condone stupid moves on the lake but at the same time there's plenty of time where breaking the 150' rule is fine in my eyes (e.g., the Graveyard) if done responsibly and other times where it's not fine you just hope it's few and far between to never become an issue...but I digress. I spent a lot of time on the boat from Thursday until after 9pm last night and enjoyed every bit of it regardless of the "captain boneheads" and "captain perfects who like to complain".