View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 08:57 AM   #15
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
The “boneheads” will never “win” but they might cause loss of life someday. We all enjoy the lake on our own terms...protecting my family and property is priority one and enjoyment comes next. The fact that you “laugh at and enjoy” the antics of stupid people says MUCH about you.
The boneheads win when things get stopped or cancelled (ie: fireworks in this case), because of "responsible" people complaining about the boneheads ruining their enjoyment. It's NOT rocket science... And I didn't say that I "laugh at and enjoy" the boneheads. I just shake my head at them and REFUSE to allow them to ruin my enjoyment. Nice try at trying to insult me by saying I said something I never said. What does that say about you? However, you are right, the boneheads do cause loss of life unfortunately, ALL the time. I'm sure you heard about the senseless bonehead move some loser pulled on Rt 2 in Randolph NH killing 7 innocent people a couple weeks ago. Perfect example, unfortunately. How do we "fix" that?? Ban motorcycles, pick up trucks, or trailers?? Law enforcement can't be everywhere all the time to keep us safe. However, MAYBE IF MORE OF OUR LAWS WERE ENFORCED, LESS INNOCENT PEOPLE WOULD DIE... Maybe we could START with that!!!! Unfortunately,that is the risk we take in being out there among them. Nothing will ever change that. I would always prefer to take my chances among the boneheads being FREE, than being safe... I think we have had this conversation before. Mr Rogers' neighborhood was the "land of make believe", it can NEVER be duplicated in real life no matter how hard you try. The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be. Feel free to bash me all you want. The ONLY thing that complaining is going to achieve is something that will end up being taken away from YOURSELF that you otherwise enjoy!! How stupid is that? Boneheads are a part of life. They will ALWAYS be a part of life, and continue to "fall through the cracks" somehow because we, as humans, are far from perfect, and cant "control" everything in a FREE society. I'd rather die from some boneheads stupidity being FREE, than to be safely tucked into my "safe place" at home with my coloring books and silly putty.. Go ahead and bash away snowflakes...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 07-05-2019 at 02:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cal Coon For This Useful Post: