Thread: Bear Island
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #42
jmen24

Default Well then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
Barney,

I don't know who you are but do you know that you have just invited possibly thousands of boats to use the church docks? Are you an officer or director of St. Johns on the Lake? Do you have the authority or permission to make that decision?

Does the offer include your own dock? What number are you?
I think that was awful nice of Barney Bear and CTYankee to offer an option for us "out crowd" folks to enjoy a piece of "public" property.

And sense you took the tone, as a multi-generation NH Native, I will ask; do you have the authority or permission to prohibit the use or access of public lands in this state or any other? Because, as a NH Native (read resident) I am certain that I would be more than willing to put a petition in front of my local House Rep., that an easement should be put in place so that I and anyone else that would like to explore a piece of public land within the borders of NH, can do so without issue.

Your posting history speaks volumes and I would hope that your neighbors will convince you that that is not the NH way of thinking!

Oh I almost forgot, in case any of you folks forgot about NH's open land law, I may just tie off my canoe to a shore line tree and head on in for a look see. There has to be some unposted land on that Island, it is big enough.

BI, I respect your position (and your reason), but you should really check yours and your neighbors tone when it comes to your seasonal properties in this state. It is these types of attitudes that get you folks in hot water around here. Be a neighbor and be neighborly.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post: