View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 08:32 AM   #28
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
None taken--I have my son reading your stuff to me, then he types my reply.

But it's not really sporting of you to "stop short". It seems obvious from your post that you favor the gun clubs opening next door to established neighborhoods. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Well here's the deal as I am on the fence with this one. I have no problem at all with anyone who chooses to shoot on their own property for their own enjoyment so long as it is done safe. As I have already said my neighbor does it all the time, he bought his house so he could do this and I have no problem with it. This is a zoned low density residential area.

Now far as a "gun club" goes, is this really a gun club or a owner inviting friends over and they happen to throw a lot of lead around? Let's be accurate with identifying exactly what is going on here. Thus far reality doesn't seem terribly clear and not being familiar with the story I won't make assumptions. To an ignorant observer volume of shots fired may be disturbing but doesn't necessarily mean there are large volumes of individuals engaged at the same time.

All that said - whether the abutters like it or not the landowner has rights too. I personally would not endorse trying to shoehorn in a firing range that is open to paid membership use close to a residential area just because it's not conducive for them to cohabitate in close proximity to one another due to the noise generated. Site work can be done to reduce the overall noise but nothing will completely eliminate it.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: