View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 08:45 AM   #12
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I don't answer any calls unless they are in my contacts. Just let it go to voice mail. If it's important they will leave a message. Not many cold callers leave a message. You can add any number to the "do not call registry". It doesn't filter them all out but it helps cut them down to a minimum.
I also have a land line and when I'm ordering anything or filling out anything I use that number because we never answer it. It goes right to voice mail.
Because of the increase of these calls over the past year or so, we registered (again) our home phone and both cell phone numbers on the do not call list. I think it was a big mistake. We are getting more calls than ever on all three lines. It is almost like it's a guide to who shall we call next. We are seeing a dramatic increase in spoofed numbers, indicating that they are regular numbers from 603 or even the same cell or local exchange, rather than the former 8xx exchanges or "(insert your favorite state)" showing in the caller id.
We have also seen an increase in voicemails, usually more than one a day on at least 2 of the 3 lines. Only benefit is that we no longer have to think about our password(s) to get into voicemail. 😕
Like others, don't recognize the number, don't answer. Just thank goodness for unlimited calling.
Dave

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app