View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 03:17 PM   #32
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Can you, or someone, clarify which docks are included in this? Specifically, is the wharf/leftmost finger included?

Also, and I may have missed this, is the ramp public or part of the association?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
As you look from the road, the Right most finger ( Wharf ) belongs to the town, beside it is a boat ramp that also belongs to the town....

Just to the left of the town ramp, is a private paved and locked ramp that belongs to the Dock association. Then of course the docks of the association...

If your on the lake, you are correct it is the leftmost finger........

I have been waiting for issues like this to happen. People got very greedy in the 80s.... Many docks went condo, and to do so their where many questionable, associations formed. Pier 19 being one of them.... What we are seeing is a pure power struggle....

In order for Pier 19 to be a viable business, they need dock space. And more of it then the Town wharf can provide....So it appears that the owners are doing what they can to try and force the dock owners to open back up part of the dock that is not used, and was rented previously by the store.

Someone mentioned that the slip owners have a right of way to get to the docks across the store property, and while that is true, does said right of way, detail that it has to be accessible by automobile?

As for the assertion that the strip of land has been open to the public for use for decades, well yes that is true, but it is private property which the owner, can chose to change his mind and deny access too......

At the end of the day, I see lawyers making money, not really anyone else. Peir19 has been doomed since it let the slips go condo, and then to not pay rent on a section of dock that was really needed for the business to attempt to thrive probably sealed its fate......

Ultimately both the Slip Association, and the Pier 19 Retail Property are both going to loose out I am afraid, if they don't find a way to get to some sort of arrangement.....

As for the gates, While I understand the why..... honestly? if someone is planning to go damage some boats, the gates will not stop them..... I think that association would have been better off working with the Store to install some sort of video surveillance system.....

Anyway I am tired of rambling here, tired of hoping Pier 19 would some how find its way back to the lime light it once had, doesn't look like that will happen.... So the only reason to go over their now, is to see if the rooster makes it back to farm island this summer.