View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 09:35 PM   #44
chasedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
Just found out that the Tuftonboro Planning Board meeting to review the Pier 19 store has been rescheduled until January 2, 2020. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend. Talking to a friend of mine who sat next to the possible new owner said she is going to bring the store back and add a couple of twists. One would be a section of the store would have an area where local folk could bring their craft items in to sell. And the other being a boutique, but not a beauty parlor.

I would expect the Planing Board would approve the application unless there was a request to increase or change the septic system. Tuftonboro officials want the store open and become profitable.
I was fortunate to spend some time with one of the Tuftonboro ZBA board members. I was told the "hopefully" new owner stated that the store would open like it was before including opening the gas docks that has two slips. The take out window including ice cream"Sunday Explosions" in some fashion would be offered including other good items to eat. Another idea was to have sitting inside with windows providing a great view out onto the lake.

The whole store footprint would be utilized again. In the back of the store would be for outside vendors to sell items. I think that is a great idea because we have many local folks and beyond who sell items they make to sell on the internet and now locally at one spot. She is also trying to come up with other ideas that benefit all in the community and the store. So your ideas again are welcome I would think.
There was a question from the ZBA about hiring help. That was not a concern for her so she claimed. She said that many family members were willing to help.

Now why did I put in quotes:" Hopefully" new owner. One of the Tuftonboro local residents said to me that he drove past the store and the for sale sign was still up. It didn't say or have any kind of wording that "under agreement". If you go on the listing web site it still is listing as For Sale and does say anything about under agreement. So what is it...still for sale....or waiting for terms of agreement yet to be signed. All that was told me could still change. We shall see...
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post: