View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 08:47 AM   #21
MeredithMan

Default Correct...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Sometimes comfort supersedes the justification…. Kinda like owning property on the lake… the prices are crazy yet anything that goes on the market isn’t there long, people want what they want and if they have the money why not. I personally would not have a home without a generator of some sort.

I would think a whole house generator in the 20K size is probably right around $12,000.00 permitted and fully installed. I paid about $8,000.00 but that was a few years ago.

Dan
Dan, you are pretty spot-on in your estimate. We put in a 20K Briggs & Stratton in Bedford in January, 2020. Complete cost was $14K through Powers Generators. They came out and sized it properly, based on the size of the house, what we wanted on it, etc. They did the permitting, installation and hook-up of both the electric and propane, arranged final inspection by the town....everything.

I would totally recommend that if someone who is the average homeowner who wants to go the "whole-house/automatic failover" route, find someone like Powers who is one-stop shopping, as opposed to buying the generator on line, and then finding individual tradesmen to do all the hook ups.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote