View Single Post
Old 10-27-2022, 09:23 AM   #67
Winni1952

Default Symptom of Our Society Today

Have been following this thread and am really taken back by those that offer the defense that since nothing was damaged " No Harm No Foul"

Being an island owner for over 15 years and on Winni for 69 years I have noticed a dramatic shift in the last couple of decades regarding the lack of respect towards OTHERS...from disrespect towards others personal property to disrespectful behavior shown others.

Those guilty of this only care about their immediate enjoyment at that moment (especially island renters) to the detriment of anyone in their surrounding area.
It is a right they feel justified in pursuing regardless of how it may affect others rights!

I have personally experienced several major incidents in the recent past on the island that are so egregious that I am seriously considering selling this year.

When the conflicts exceed the joy...it just doesn't make sense.

Unfortunately, the authorities that have jurisdiction in these areas are totally ineffective in changing the course of this worsening behavior. Believe me I have tried!

I applaud Codeman 671 in trying to bring some light to this appalling behavior that seems to becoming more and more pervasive in our society today.
Winni1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Winni1952 For This Useful Post: