View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 08:21 PM   #105
Chimi

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Seriously?

As stated above, the Sophie C and the Doris E produce much larger wakes than this boat will. My experience is that their wakes are larger than the Mount Washington.

However, the increasing problem on the lake is the "Wake Setter" boats and other boats designed specifically to make a large wake. This new 56 foot boat may pass by once or twice and leave a wake. The Wake Setter boats may set up for a few hours in front of your house while everyone on the boat takes a turn in the lake. Hours of heavy wakes washing up on your front yard.

This is a real threat, one that is happening now. I saw the first one yesterday, with a surfer in the water, in front of my house. The wake from that boat washed several feet over the sea wall and onto my property. It is only going to get worse.
Yes, seriously. I don’t own waterfront property, so I have no dog in the fight. Simply making a point, so I don’t know why you had to make the condescending remark. You said it yourself that your property is being damaged by boat wakes. So if this guy sends a tsunami over your sea wall, then I guess you will just smile and wave? I still think there is a law on the books that says a captain is responsible for damages done by their wake.
Chimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links