View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 05:24 AM   #18
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi View Post
Fifty years ago, Moultonboro was a nice, small, rural community where everyone knew everyone else. Everyone was friendly, you didn't take your life into your hands driving down the road. If someone was broken down on the side of the road, you would stop and help without any hesitation. With the massive subdivisions that have happened over the years, Moultonboro has morphed into just another suburb.

I'd be less against DG if no subdivision was involved, but once subdivided, that blight will last forever.

How many people lived/ summer occupied in the area 50 years ago compared to today?

I don't want dg to open up shop since there is already like 20 of them in the Laconia Tilton Franklin area but let's get real here. With how quick the populations growing we don't live in a society where your 6 neighbors are all named Bob John Tom Sue Pam and Sally any more.. So I find it hard to believe people still try to find the tiny town (friendly) mentality up here.

The times have changed for the worse to me, helping a stranger out has turned into a "I might end up in a possible lawsuit situation."