View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 06:19 PM   #31
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
We ride e-mountain bikes all over the place. Here are a few ideas:

1. Google “gravel maps”, and look at that website. We often ride back/dirt roads in the Sandwich/Moultonboro area. Lots of good ones in the Canterbury area as well.

2. The Wolfeboro to Wakefield Cotton Valley Rail Trail is nice. In fact, most rail trails are great if you don’t want to beat yourself up with hills. The Winni rail trail from Tilton to Boscawen, or the Franklin to Lebanon trails are great.

3. Green Woodlands in Dorchester NH is spectacular. You’re going to need an e-bike to keep up with a teenager though!

4. Franklin Falls is great, as is Bear Brook State park.

Download the app “Ride with GPS”. Its great for route planning. Some of the map formats highlight trails by difficulty. Stick to green, until you know what you might be able to handle. If you PM me your e-mail, I can send you some of the trips we’ve made, that you can upload into the app.
Green Woodlands looks amazing and it's much closer than I'd thought.

It sounds like you're talking about a couple different types of riding here, mountain and road/dirt road. Though I'm sometimes interested in road/rail trail, what I'm (ideally) looking for is fast and smooth singletrack with views. If only Yudicky (Creepee Teepee/Windigo/Wormhole/Barbed Wire) were in the Red Hill area!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote