View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 01:39 PM   #13
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default Visit to the Archives/Athletic Dept

On this absolutely beautiful day, I have just returned from a walk to visit with the archivist at the Yale Athletic Department. He has one copy of the Yale/Harvard Regatta Program from the 100th anniversary crew race in Center Harbor, and has offered to make me a copy of the front cover (ariel view in red/white/blue of Center Harbor/lake) blown-up to 11X14, on a thick-ish poster board, that will be suitable for hanging. He will also make a good-quality (color) copy of the entire program, which contains more ariel photos of Center Harbor within it's pages. I know this is not what you were looking for, but I would be happy to provide you with a coyy of the program, once I receive it. Because of copyright issues, I would not want to post it on this Forum.

Also, as I mentioned in an earlier post, Heath's Grocery store in Center Harbor has a blown-up mural on their interior wall of a Y-H crew event, which may - or may not - have been the 100th anniversary event. I imagine that the Center Harbor Historical Society and/or Nichols Library would likely have photos of the actual event, as well, if those photos exist!
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote