Thread: Bobcats!
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 08:02 PM   #13
ApS

Red face "Happy" Is The Husband Who...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
Never saw one before a couple days ago when my Arlo cam videoed one walking across my yard. I tried to upload it here, but could not. I was surprised at how small it was and with a bobbed tail. Looked like a house cat on steroids.

If I saw one in the wild, I wouldn't run away
, but I wouldn't try and pet it either. Now, a mountain lion would be another matter...
Maybe reconsider running away? We forget factors that aren't readily apparent.

Three weeks ago—NC:

EXCERPTED:
[QUOTE]
On Friday, 9 April, 2021, Happy and Kristi Wade were going about a normal morning routine, as shown by their security video. Happy can be seen setting a cup of coffee on the hood of his car, and placing a box of sweets in the back seat. His wife Kristi comes out. She hears a cat growling. She takes a step back, and a bobcat attacks her from behind. Screaming, she darts between the two family vehicles, with the bobcat biting as it climbs up her back.

Her husband, Happy, comes to her aid. She turns around, and he grabs the bobcat off of her as it nears her neck. Holding the cat above his head, he suffers three bites until he throws the cat across the yard. After throwing the cat, he draws his concealed pistol, pursues the cat, and shoots it to prevent it from attacking another neighbor.

Later, it is reported the cat had previously stalked a different neighbor, earlier that morning. From wdbj7.com:

WECT reported, Kristi received a number of puncture wounds, scratches and was bitten several times. Happy is then seen grabbing the bobcat and carries it away onto his front lawn.

“I just remember seeing this face and it was trying to bite her right there in the side of the neck,” Happy said. “And so I shoved my arm in and that’s how I ended up with it like this [above his head].”

Happy said he was bit by the bobcat three times before he was able to throw it. “I thought: ‘I’ll throw it this way,’” Happy said. “Two options: one, it’ll see an escape route and it’ll take off or it’ll stop just a moment where I can get a good shot at it.”

Comments:
Quote:
1) Dude goes from Mr. Rogers to Dirty Harry in less than 5 seconds. Classic protective husband/dad/pet owner. Respect

2) You cannot get more American than this. Nowhere else in the world would there be a suburb with both a bobcat and an armed husband to defend his wife. Happy Wade shows himself as a good citizen, good husband, and armed warrior/protector, all in a few seconds.

Attacks by rabid bobcats are relatively rare. Bobcats have adapted well to the suburbs.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote