View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 07:15 AM   #23
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I didn't say to reduce the number of places to go, and I do not mind boats in front of my property. I said people shouldn't be abusive. But I do admit I find rafting almost inherently abusive/intrusive.

On a related note, I think you've mentioned that your home is in Hanson's Cove. Is part of your position that you'd welcome rafting next door in Greens Basin?
I agree. I am so sick and tired of this attitude. We pay a LOT in property taxes-a lot more than these people who say they come and boat and buy gas and groceries and beer so spend money in the state. This argument that the state owns the lake although true, is getting old. For those taxes we pay, we deserve peace and quiet and should be able to be outside to enjoy it. Again, I wonder how these boaters would like it if 50 cars had a big loud party on their sidewalk in front of their house. And please don't say we are entitled. A few boats with people enjoying a swim is fine, but when they are inconsiderate it is just plain disgusting. This feud between property owners and boaters is scary. I know I will be attacked for this but I had to say it.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tis For This Useful Post: