Thread: Pizza recs
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 02:34 PM   #7
Crusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Baking a five dollar Sam's quality pizza from Walmart in the Pizza Pizzazz makes it eat better than any twenty dollar, restaurant pizza, anywhere ...... plus it costs about fifteen dollars less, and with zero tax and tip.

Just place a totally frozen pizza on The Pizza Pizzazz: www.youtube.com/watch/?v=mCBtF91a0Ds ..... and 13-18 minutes, depends on thickness, is all good. Watch it slowly spin around and go from totally frozen to totally yummy!

And, a bell rings, when it's done.
A bell, you say... I can close my eyes and imagine the pizza delivery person at my door... The illusion is complete.

Seriously, Sam's, Walmart, and the other groceries all have fresh/frozen pizzas that run the gamut of edible to very good. Sadly, my family likes plain cheese pizza, while I'm an "everything but anchovies" guy. In my experience with pizzerias (or pizzerie), there are no bad ones, since they quickly go out of business. Unlike many other foods, taste in pizza is entirely subjective. I like a number of places that others have warned me off. Conversely, rave reviews don't necessarily mean I'll like it.

What I want in a review of a pizzeria (aside from "burned" or "undercooked") is the style, available toppings, specialties (eg, Hawaiian; BBQ), and an indication of price level.

If a restaurant serves 2 kinds of crust and 8 different toppings, you would need to eat 80,640 pizzas to evaluate all the possible combinations.

It takes years of painstaking eating to find the best pizza in any given restaurant --and then they retire.
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crusty For This Useful Post: