View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #14
Seaplane Pilot

Thumbs down Thanks for nothing, WINNFABS

I've been watching boat traffic intensely this summer. Just last night I counted at least 6-8 light violations after sunset. Some with no bow lights, some with no stern lights and some with no lights at all. I will never understand how these people don't kill themselves or others. The amazing thing is that these people think if they go slow, then it's ok to not have proper lights displayed. How about the clowns that were wakeboarding well after sunset last night? How about the million safe passage violations I've seen so far this season.

The only thing that WINNFABS accomplished was to reduce the amount of qualified boaters that navigate the lake. Laugh all you want, but I believe wholeheartedly that owners of performance boats are among the best captains on the lake. Case in point: I'd like to analyze the total quantity of violations issued by Marine Patrol over a 3-5 year period, then break down the violations by vessel type; runabout, PWC, pontoon boat and performance boats. Might even toss in violations to operators with bona fide Boater Education Certificates as compared to operators with temporary certificates. Then I'd like to compare which catagory of boat had the most violations on average per category. I'll bet dollars to donuts that performance boats had less violations on average per category, then most (if not all) other categories of watercraft.

I hope WINNFABS is happy with their self-serving results. It accomplished nothing and in my opinion has made the lake less safe for all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post: