Thread: Face Masks
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 07:07 AM   #167
ApS

Thumbs up This Will Pass...

I've never been without my trusty mask. It's the wrong one for Covid-19, but good for sawdust, and wearing it keeps the spirits "up" of other would-be-sufferers.

Tucked under my glasses, they don't get steamed-up. It's "disinfected" by stretching it out on my dashboard. When exiting, the mask goes onto my forehead, and when entering a store, it's lowered appropriately.

While I thought masks were scarcely necessary, and I was (as far as I knew), healthy, I managed to produce a big wet sneeze in a grocery aisle. (Fortunately, that aisle was empty of customers, and I scurried around the corner).

The country most uniformly observant of mask-wearing is Japan, which is most affected by viruses from the continental mainland where these viruses evolve--and are spread every winter.

Trying to make independent-minded Americans obey such sensible precautions is like herding cats!

Politics has made it worse, as prolonging this pandemic definitely disrupts America's traditional "gearing" in significant ways. The information distressing so many on this forum is "noise" regurgitated to prolong the distress.

We'll get over this...Turn off your TV!