Thread: Face Masks
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 12:33 PM   #117
XCR-700

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLakeLife View Post
A valid question, Jeep,and I could tell before you mentioned it that you were being sincerely curious and not a smart ass. You’re right, a company policy of a private business is not government coercion. While private businesses can’t lawfully discriminate against members of a protected class, it can set set conditions on entry to prospective customers. Upon being notified of a mask requirement and a refusal to allow entry sans mask, I’ve turned around and walked out of a drugstore, a few restaurants, and the gift shop at the Weirs. I did take care to politely mention that I would spend my money somewhere else. I did accede to wearing a mask in a pulmonologist’s office, for obvious and defensible reasons. Thanks for the nice tenor of your question, I hope I’ve responded in kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
And here in is the true value/benefit/beauty of America (well at least in the past and for the moment) in that you have the ability to take your business elsewhere.

We all do this for countless reasons, and I hope we will be able to continue with this personal freedom.

There are times and places for imposed standards that we must all comply with, and usually they make 100% sense. For example not smoking while refueling your car/boat.

It would be ideal if all imposed standards were as obvious and commonly agreed upon as the refueling standard, but our world is not so simple.

Lacking that, how do we find a balance where some dont feel at risk, and others dont feel imposed upon for no valid reason?

I dont have an answer, but I'm sure others do on both sides of this debate have all the answers,,,