View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 10:31 AM   #6
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
I have used Ooma for years. It works great and you can buy the box for about $75. Best Buy has them and I am sure Amazon sells them too. I have a cordless phone base plugged into it and the second phone can obviously go anywhere.

You do have to pay the taxes which are about $4 per month but there is no monthly fee unless you take their optional services. I am not sure how Google would be able to do it without the taxes.

Before the cordless phone I ran a wire out of the Ooma box and plugged it into a wall jack in the bedroom the box is in. That back fed all of the phone outlets in the house and made them live.
Early adopters don't pay any fees at all to Ooma. Ooma originally promised no fees for life and they have followed through on that promise for those customers. I've never payed a cent to Ooma except for the upgrade to their newer box last year.

Lately I've realized that the free phone service bundled into my Comcast service has much better features than the basic Ooma service so I may port my number over to Comcast and abandon Ooma. According to Ooma I've saved about $5000 using their service and I think that's about right.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post: