View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #220
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
Another good point is the attempted marginalization by the Sl opposition of smaller craft/kayaks/etc. and that some of these people are "stupid" if they would venture into the broads in such a craft. I know of many skilled kayakers who have sea kayaks and are capable of handling more than the broads can offer. To suggest that these craft need to "stay close to shore" is just a self serving example of the smoke and mirrors used by those who want no limits.
Don't get me going about kayakers/canoes and sunfishes on the Broads. I have lived on the Broads most of my life. In the past decade I have seen too many of these small crafts get in trouble along the Gilford shore. Especially when the wind is from the North.

As a good Samaritan, I would venture out and rescue these hapless folks. Only because I have a 'performance' boat capable enough to tackle the weather. Even the MP have trouble rescuing. if I call them, it takes a while for them to get there. I can imagine how many people would have drowned if my boat was 'outlawed' from the lake. I had many people thanks their lucky stars that there was a boat capable of fighting the weather.