View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #37
C-Bass

I remember a few years ago, I nearly hit a swimmer. Scared the heck out me. I had some family members up and took them out for a nice ride. I was coming out of the Moultonborough Bay though the barber pole, it was kind of flat light type of day with chop. Anyway a swimmer was right out in the channel just before you get the two black/reds before the Jetti. The guy was swimming underwater and popped his head right out in front of me. No bright colored swimwear, nothing that would stick out. I had to take some seriously evasive type of action. Scared the CrAAP out of me and everyone else on the boat. Looked back at the guy and he just kept plugging along like it was nothing, diving bac under water. If I had looked away for a second, and not seen him, I probably would have killed him. I have 23ft boat and that sucker is heavy. The weight of it would have killed him never mind what the outdrive would have done. Always have to keep your head on a swivel out there not just for boats but, also for people swimming in the middle of an active boat lanes!
C-Bass is offline   Reply With Quote