View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
Bostonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTO View Post
I THINK I MAY HAVE SEEN YOU TODAY!!!

I was jetskiing past the witches today (maybe between 1 or 1:30?) and I saw a boat going through the witches. I was a little shocked to see that and did a double take as a boat flew through, but then I saw it stop...must've realized the mistake.

WAS THAT YOU I PASSED? Small world...
Yup! It was me... I was cruising through at 25 MPH or so... I could have sworn I was far enough away, and in fact remember thinking to myself, I see the rock outcropping and I thought I was close enough to Governor's while positioning myself towards Lockes Is. and Varney Point. But then I saw all the danger markers come up on me, and stopped the boat immediately. I got damn lucky. For some reason I thought I was further south of the markers... But clearly wasn't when I could see the bottom and the big rocks underneath.

As for the recommendation of a map, I have one it's the Bizer 6th edition... Although I do want to get the newer (I think it is out right?) . Also sa meredith... your story is like mine from today. Goes to show you even if you feel very comfortable on the lake, it is no excuse to let your guard down.
Bostonian is offline   Reply With Quote