View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #56
Woodsy

Default Unintended Consequences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Lover View Post
So in retaliation for a few Bear Island residents supporting speed limits you plan to harass the island this summer.

You have made "extra trips past the island" and you are planning to continue this. And you think I need help?

I will keep a copy of this for the Marine Patrol if needed.

Bear Islander apologized for his post, you have done the opposite.
Island Lover...

You really should be careful what you wish for...

I have traditionally gone around the long way (around Welch Is) from my slip in the Weirs to Braun Bay or Center Harbor or other points North just because @ 55-60 MPH its faster and alot less aggravating than cutting between Bear Is and Meredith Neck due to the large amount of boat traffic and the two bottlenecks.

However, given the outrageous price of fuel and the impending speed limit. I will be taking the shortest route possible between two points. Unfortunately for you, this means yet another boat adding to the congestion in that stretch of water...

But dont worry, my 26' Donzi cruises just fine @ 45 MPH... just a little bigger wake thats all... and @ 25 MPH its ALOT bigger wake...

I know more than few people that have changed thier driving habits accordingly due to the high price of gas and the impending speed limit. I might just find it easier to trade the Donzi in on a "cruiser" type boat. I am not a big fan of them, but no sense in having an "impractical" speedboat that might attract unwanted attention. I can fit more friends on a cruiser, and they can help defray the cost of fuel. I wonder what type of wake that 27 Rinker with the small motor will make? No doubt ALOT bigger than my Donzi does...

Woodsy