View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #37
Airwaves

Quote:
Originally posted by Bear Islander
Thirdly, they will do it by matching speeds or some other method. Your "they can't stop me" bravado is laughable!
In case you missed it, the entire point of this thread is to accertain, without use of Radar, GPS or Aerial observation, HOW THE MARINE PATROL CAN MEET THE BURDEN OF PROOF of HB847 IN A COURT OF LAW!
Quote:
or some other method
What other method? You in particular and a number of speed limit advocates have been saying this bill comes at no cost. I want to see exactly how you think the Marine Patrol will enforce this bill so that it meets the legal burden of proof. Explain what "Some other method" is exactly.

Quote:
a public ramp on Sunset Lake. It is however limited to Greenfield residents.
Then that would not make it a "public" ramp would it?

So you didn't like someone from "away" coming onto you pond to waterski? How horrible that must have been!

Kind of interesting how a camp director not necessarily a property owner, got this law passed imposing restrictions on property owners of the pond, then the camp director and the camp left the pond!

A 33 acre pond is Not Lake Winnipesaukee, enforcement needs and COSTS are something that should have been taken into account before this crusade was launched. If there aren't enough Marine Patrol crews to handle the 150 foot rule then cutting those numbers to set up radar posts is going to make things less enforceable all around.