View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 10:24 AM   #13
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
My question to any shore front owner is what is equitable?

I primarily want to remove the single vessel language from the rafitng rules and reduce the 150' as I think it's excessive.
I don't think a 150' restriction is excessive. I have moorings at approximately 50' and 150' plus a swim raft at 100'. Obviously kayaks, canoes swimmers etc. travel through his area all the time. Fishermen are in this area daily.

All that is reasonable. However a boat dropping anchor, possibly on my drinking water intake, in this area to party or hang out or play music is unnecessary and rude. If it happened a lot I would be looking for a no rafting zone myself.

You may look at that rafting picture above and think it looks like fun. When I look at it I wonder how many of those boats have a head! People will take the family rafting for the day, many with little children. Where do they go to the bathroom? I boated on Winni many years before I bought my place so I already know the answer to that question.

Take another look at that picture and imagine your drinking water intake is a few feet under one of those boats.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bear Islander For This Useful Post: