View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #10
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Its funny here I am a guy that makes his living in the high tech industry. Yet I like to keep my life as low tech as possible. Why? Because using technology for technologies sake is nothing but problematic.

I see home heating alternatives the same why, and believe in the replace like for like philosophy.... Take in case my heat pump... I have a neighbor in my condo complex, that went the route of the latest and greatest. While I hired the guy that came in and replaced what was there, with today's equivalent... The latest and greatest cost my neighbor about 6K more, for options that they don't use. And at the end of the day, they haven't seen any energy savings.... why because the one option they do use, variable speed compressor, and air handler, run even at slow speed all the damn time, it never shuts off... Yet their climate in their unit is no better then mine.

Further more when I look at the guts, of our two units they are the same.... the just have variable speed motors, in both the air handler and compressor...

So what is my point.... don't get fooled by all the bells and whistles, and like others of pointed out, you can get a high quality boiler, but if the hardware it is installed with isn't of the same quality, guess what.... problems will happen...

Can't explain why this post made me rant like I just did, but it happened.... oh well....I guess I could be becoming FLL in the rambling respect.....