View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 05:38 AM   #21
ApS

Question Can We Hold Off on The "Fun"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
Thank you for your very prompt response as well as all your help on the forum. I will try my local officials, but feel it is useless. Since DES is a state agency, it would be helpful if DES could engage the Marine Patrol...AKA State Police...to find solutions. My suggestion would be to set zones on the lake, at area where there are very wide water expanses, for these boats to operate and get them out of smaller coves where waves are destroying the shore land. I think that DES has a role...a big role... here if their goal is to fully protect the shore front lands from erosion. As a state agency, I know that state agencies talk to each other. The silt and land is being washed into the lake unabated. And yes, some trees are loosing their footings from erosion. DES certainly has a role here and it can be significant. Just my opinion.
Behold the murk...

As I see it, high water in early summer is washing more soil into the lake—uprooted trees being an obvious indicator.

Taken later this summer, the White Pine above now has collapsed into the lake, with two more White Pines ready to fall—from even higher on the bank. Soil rained-away from the root-ball (and the exposed embankment) will degrade the lake.

Enlarged portions of the below picture show exposed roots of mature living trees up-slope, and several previously-fallen trees along the shoreline show the serious erosion caused by inattention to Spring's "extra" water levels.

Attached Images