View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 04:26 PM   #20
tummyman

I am in Blackey Cove and we are constantly under siege with these wave setter boats. One person...who lives in the cove, goes back and forth for hours of time. We cannot even sit on the end of our dock with the waves breaking on shore. And he isn't the only one. We see many other boats coming from other areas to use our cove and abuse the shore land. These waves are terrible. Time for DES and the Marine Patrol to do something. I agree...setting up some areas that are more open would certainly help. If these folks want waves, why aren't they operating in areas where there is a lot of boat traffic? The damage that is being done is large. I have had broken mooring whips, broken dock lines, etc. and have had to install screw anchors and stiffeners onto my dock to help prevent them from being further damaged. It just isn't fair. My shorefront is getting broken apart, rocks are getting moved on the lake bottom and dirt from land moved to the water. There are all kinds of regulations that you cannot disturb the lake bottom, but these boats are allowed to pursue their fun with no penalty. Just penalize the shore front folks is the usual practice....bah humbug.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote