View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #38
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Birchhaven...

I am a big fan of the WOW trail too. Even though cutting through Southdown is a mighty unpopular idea with those folks!
Disclaimer, I'm an owner in SouthDown.

I'm opposed to the WOW trail because I don't buy in to the argument that it will attract any new people to the area. There are already many existing recreational activities in the area, and around NH in general. People aren't going to flock to the area just because you lay down a few miles of pavement.

The majority of the WOW trail would have no "destination" spots, especially the Weirs area which is pretty much the opposite of "healthy activities" right now.

The WOW trail has all the markings of a poorly thought out (but, well intentioned) pet project. 5 years after it's built, it'll sit there in disrepair and be a general eyesore. Take a look at some of the litter and graffiti along the existing portion for examples of this.

As a SouthDown resident, I see no benefit to that. I'm not concerned about people coming in to "my community" as much as I am concerned about some group dropping in a slab of blacktop that is going to be an eyesore, get in the way, and ultimately need to be dealt with by the residents.