View Single Post
Old 12-14-2023, 02:17 PM   #36
Biggd

Thanked 1,073 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
That is a scenario that Makes sense.....

My scenario however is where that falls apart.... My father a successful Engineer 30+ years retired early, and was able to by our property and maintain it in retirement... I am a successful Engineer with 25+ years, making more money then my father even thought about.... Yes I am able maintain the property well I am working, but realize that if I want to retire early I will need to sell the property, because it will be to much of a financial Drain....

Everything changes always does, it however is a shame that things have gotten so out of control in NH, that people are having to make decisions not because they don't want to continue to visit the same place, but because they are being Taxed out of their places, because a state doesn't want to evolve......

As I have said plenty of other places, for me to consider that are more affordable... My hope is to keep the Winnipesaukee property until I am ready to retire, because it is close to work and allows me to utilize it often.... But in retirement, it is likely off to Maine... or Vt. where I can buy a comparable property, and pay significantly less property Tax....
I have a few friends that own lakefront in Maine and they complain about their tax bills also. I have others that own coastal property in Maine and their bills are outrageous! You can't escape the tax man.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote