Thread: I feel old now.
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #16
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
Just wondering why you didn't consider a deck boat? I have a 23' cuddy cabin that I trailer, and I have days that I think about downsizing to a deck boat with an outboard for all the same reasons you mentioned. I was just looking at a 19' deck boat with a 115hp yamaha 4 stroke o/b. Just not ready to pull the trigger yet, but I'm starting to look for the right deal... I know toons are fast enough for water skiing and tubing these days, but I just prefer a fiberglass hull with toon seating when I decide to make my move...
I just like the easy access on and off as compared to a regular fiberglass boat esp when it's out of the water and I have to work on it. I have little grand kids, under 6, so it makes it much easier for them to enjoy.
My wife doesn't like to go fast in the boat anyway so it makes her happy that I can't go over 25MPH.
I'm thinking this is my last boat but you never know. I would get a bigger Tri Toon if I had a house on Winni but I love Waukewan. It's never crowded and it's a great lake for all water sports.
Like I said, I have a Jet Ski if the need for speed arises. I haven't tried pulling a skier with the Jet Ski yet but I have pulled a tube.
A buddy of mine bought a 21' Hurricane with a 150HP on it. I wasn't impressed, it rode a lot harder in rough water as opposed to my 19' V-hull bow rider.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote