View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 05:55 AM   #18
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

I would absolutely expect a deal on a new boat, but maybe not wholely on price. Storage, a slip, accessories, options, etc. are part of the deal.

When we bought new from MVM (after being offered a HORRIBLE deal for trade-in/new purchase at another dealer), we got "last year's" pricing (similar to what is mostly offered at boat shows), a few free upgrades, extra accessories, a full tank of gas and service credits, etc.

The relaxed off-season buying process and attention was also a bonus (we felt like because they were so attentive, we're more visible customers now, even a few years later). Also, things seemed to go smoother, as they clearly wanted to close an off-season sale.

Finally, we were told by a few dealers that the "boat show deal" mostly doesn't exist anymore. Because dealers are now expected to order throughout the year, the "volume discount" for boat shows has most disappeared.

In the end, the "deal" might not be as big as the ancillary benefits, though I'd assume that a leftover off-season purchase might be the perfect combination.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote