View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 11:51 AM   #34
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Here's a 2014, "Why Don't More Americans Know How To Swim" ...... https://www.wpr.org/why-dont-more-am...-know-how-swim ..... from Wisconsin Public Radio.

You know the beach at Ellecoya State Beach in Gilford is 600-feet long, so the State of NH could require a 2400', four beach length, swim test in order to qualify for a motorboat operators license.

If you want to drive a motorboat, you would need to pass this Ellacoya 4-laps, 2400' swim test, swam just out beyond the swim area, outer rope line.

This would encourage all these FAT and LAZY, non-swimming motor-boaters to become better swimmers. ....
My oldest son recently moved to Simpsonville,South Carolina. It is near the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and close to Greenville and Asheville, North Carolina.
As I watch the prices on Lake Winnipesaukee skyrocket through the roof continually, I started looking around and couldn’t believe the difference in prices where he lives.

Responding to FLL, about being required to learn how to swim before going into a lake. Apparently on Lake Hartwell, there is a jumping rock that everybody likes to go out to. There have been so many drownings there, that there is actually a sign on the beach warning that people have drowned there and don’t go into the water if you can’t swim! It seems like people just start walking out and the next thing they know they’re over their head and then that’s it. That’s the strangest thing I’ve ever read about. Seems to me, if there was ever a place for a lifeguard, this would be it.
I know there was a post a while back about information for other lakes, but I could not find it.

If you’d like to compare, check out Lake Hartwell and Lake Keowee. These are both pretty big lakes and there are also many little mountain fed lakes all around that area.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote