Thread: Fuel Oil
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 08:47 PM   #2
swnoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Hello

Who are folks using for heating oil in Wolfeboro? I have always used Wolfeboro Oil but hadn’t needed a fill up for several years as I have been shutting my house down for winters recently. Anyway, I called Wolfeboro Oil this month as I needed a load. The lady I dealt with was very professional but treated me as a new customer even though I have paid Wolfeboro Oil faithfully for 23 years. Evidently, Wolfeboro Oil sold out to a larger outfit in the past year or two. Oh well, she ran a credit check and we moved beyond that issue. Today the bill arrives and it is $4.95 a gallon! Yikes. I got a load recently in Massachusetts and it was $4.59 a gallon. Admittedly, Wolfeboro Oil is a full service provider and I use a smaller outfit and contract out service in Massachusetts so the cost is less. I suppose they also hit me with premium pricing due to the fact I don’t order regularly. I’m not dissatisfied with Wolfeboro Oil but figure I should evaluate local suppliers. The advantage of larger outfits like Wolfeboro Oil is they are typically there if you have problems on a 10 below night in January.

I’m not sure how the average person is going to afford to heat his house next winter. My bill was over $900!

Thanks
Elections have consequences...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to swnoel For This Useful Post: