Thread: Cost of fuel...
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 03:35 PM   #85
NH.Solar

Ir used to be the most of the solar modules installed in the USA were from China, but no more. The Trump administration instituted a stiff tariff on all solar modules from China to stop market flooding and as a consequence most panels installed now are either domestically made or from Indonesia. Naturally I disagreed with Trump's decision when it was first announced, but in the long run it proved to be quite a bonus. The only Chinese modules currently exempt from some reason from the tariff are bifacials ..which we use a lot of ;-) LG used to be our go-to, but they have recently announced that they are abandoning the modules industry to focus on their home batteries.
Lithium does look like it could become more and more valuable as time goes by, and for this reason I have recently bought stock in one US LI recycling company and am waiting for the IPO on the other. Returns are only ok on the one I'm invested in but my fingers are crossed. The other already has a huge stock pile of old EV batteries, has been partially funded by both Ford, Volvo, and Tesla, and is staffed by a lot of former Tesla employees ...hmmm

Last edited by NH.Solar; 03-10-2022 at 10:04 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NH.Solar For This Useful Post: